The Natural Grip is made out of a Zinc Oxide 100% cotton tape that provides excellent tensile strength and superior comfort. It has a Latex free adhesive. Our cotton tape material is a superior quality and is not able to be bought in local athletic stores. The material used is high-quality porous so it is NOT washable but it is breathable. Also they are handmade to fit based off of your ring finger size.They will last 3-6 months depending on frequency of use. The Natural Grips are easily secured with your own wrist wraps or athletic tape. We do recommend that you tightly attach your grips around the wrist in order to prevent them from slipping during your WOD.The Natural Grip is sized based off of your RING finger size. Please see our sizing guide if you need help determining your size. If you are in between sizes please round up to the next size. We offer an extended version of our Natural Grip that will add 2 inches to the bottom of your Natural Grip. This is a great option for people that have long palms or prefer to use their wrist wraps with their grips. For a majority of people the extended version is not needed but you are able to add the extender on to any size grips that we offer. For grips size 8 and smaller the original grip is approximately 7.75 inches long without the extender. For grips size 9 and larger the original grip is approximately 8.75 inches long without the extender.
Size and Color
You have to take the circonference of your ring finger.
5/6 - XS in power pink ( 48 to 52 mm of your ring circonference)
7/8 - S in purple ( 53 to 57 mm of your ring circonference)
9/10 - M in Red ( 58 to 63 mm of your ring circonference)
11/12 - L in Blue ( 63 to 68 mm of your ring circonference)
Important Notes / Tips:
- Upon taking your grips out of the bag, place them on a flat surface and smooth out the material with your hands, making sure that all the areas on the grip are secured properly.
- When taping grips to wrist, you only want a slight wrist extension so that you have a little slack in the grip. You do not want a lot of slack.
- Once taped to wrist, put a little chalk on the grip and grab bar just below the finger loops. Do not perform a high volume WOD the first time out of the bag, this will TRASH your grips, the grips do require some time to break in. Once you used them 2-3 times on small volume WODs, the pieces start to melt / mesh together.
- Pay attention to where you are grabbing the bar. If you grab the bar and there is a lot of the grip above the bar then they will bunch so you want to stay away from this. This goes back to #2, you do NOT want to much slack in your grip.
- Post-WOD care: After the WOD lay them flat and if there are some minor wrinkles, smooth them out. If wet, let them air out. Do not leave in car in the hot sun or they will fall apart due to the high heat and humidity in some climates.